DOCTORS' CAVE BEACH CLUB Doctors Cave Beach Club is more than just a great beach: It’s a legend. It began in 1906 when Dr. Alexander James McCatty donated his beach property, (until then used exclusively by his medical friends) to establish a bathing club. Access to the beach was gained access by way of a cave. The conventional wisdom is that the waters around the cave has curative properties and was often recommended for those who needed the cure offered by tropical sun, sea and sand. In the 1920's, Sir Herbert Barker, a famous British Osteopath visited the beach and later published an article claiming that he was restored to good health after bathing there. He declared that the waters at Doctor’s Cave could cure several ailments. The beach became immediately famous as foreigners, many rich and famous came to sample the waters. Hotels were build in the immediate vicinity and thus began the tourist trade. Doctors Cave Beach is located in the middle of Montego Bay's "Hip Strip" along the recently renamed Jimmy Cliff Boulevard. Although many other beaches have some of the qualities of Doctor's Cave, none have all of them. The warm Caribbean waters, immaculately kept grounds, and clean sanitary facilities have made Doctors Cave a great choice for visitors. The Sand Restaurant and Bar provide a great variety of meals and drinks. Come and enjoy Doctors Cave beach on your next visit to Montego Bay! The beach is also a part of the Montego Bay Marine Park which has a wide variety of marine life among the coral reef.